- Inmates will rise at 6:00 a.m. Cleaning supplies will be placed in the cells at 5:30 a.m. and removed at 6:30 a.m. Inmate beds are to be made by 6:00 a.m. Inmates are not to be under the blankets from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Inmates may lay on their beds through the day but not under the cover.
- Lights will remain on 24 hours a day.
- Meals will be served at approximately 6:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 4:00 p.m.. All inmates will come to the door for roll call. All inmates will be fully dressed when coming to the door or when they are out of the bed.
- All mail must have a return address; otherwise it will be placed in the inmate's property. There will be no inmate to inmate mail. All legal mail will be opened in front of the inmate.
- Visitation on-site will be Monday thru Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.. You will be allowed 2 visits weekly. At-home visits can be scheduled every day of the week fro 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. at www.videovisitanywhere.com.
- Commissary will be run on Monday and Friday, or at the Jailer's discretion. Commissary requests will be picked up by 6:00 a.m. on these days. Commissary is a privilege, not a right.
- Inmates will conduct themselves in a quiet and orderly manner at all times.
- Destruction of jail property will not be tolerated. Inmates will be responsible for reimbursement for any damaged property.
- There will be no sheets, blankets, towels, shirts or anything hanging on the bunks at any time. No paper or pictures will be allowed on the walls or bunks.
- All inmates will shower and use good hygiene at all times.
- Each inmate will be furnished soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, 1 towel, 2 sheets,1 blanket, 1 mattress, and 2 uniforms.
- All inmates will have access to purchase hygiene items. Indigent inmates will be provided hygiene items.
- All inmates will be allowed 2 pairs of white socks and 2 pair of white underwear. These items must be purchased through commissary.
- All money will be logged on inmate's account. Receipts will be provided for each transaction.
- There will be no contact between cells.
- All phone calls are subject to being monitored and recorded.
- Any excess property must be sent out within 30 days of booking date or it will be disposed of.
- Each inmate will be allowed to have 5 photos. No photos larger than a 5 X 7 and no computer generated photos are allowed.
- No inmate shall be standing at the door of the cell, unless summoned by a deputy.
- Any inmate who has loss of property at the time of release must make a written complaint to the Jailer within 48 hours of their release.
- Any inmate released who has money remaining on their account and owes no fees will have a check mailed to them within 30 days of their release.
- Inmates have the right to be informed in writing of all rules, regulations, schedules, and disciplinary actions used at Barren County Correction Center.
- All inmates are entitled to healthcare comparable to that available to citizens in the surrounding community. Medical care will be under the direction of Southern Health Partners.
- All inmates are encouraged to maintain their personal hygiene.
- Every reasonable attempt shall be made to facilitate the religious beliefs of inmates.
- No inmate shall be discriminated against because of race or religion.
- The right to access the Courts is a fundamental right of all US citizens.
- Inmates are encouraged to maintain contact with their family/friends.
- Inmates shall be allowed to file a grievance at such time he believes he has been subject to abuse, harassment, abridgment of civil rights, or denied privileges as specified in the rules.